Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day and Ray at Night

Ray at Night is a fabulous local art happening here in SD on each 2nd Saturday of the month. It is a small street which is host to a number of artist spaces that are open late into the night during Ray at Night. It is a fun festival like atmosphere where you can roam from space to space seeing all types of art from painting to mixed media, even some fabulous jewelry. I was there this past Saturday with one of my biggest fans, my step-mom. I was lucky enough for the universe to send me 2 moms! Like most parents she is a supporter of all endeavours her children undertake and has bought several pieces of art both myself and my roommate and fellow artist have made. It was really lovely to share a fabulous meal and stroll through the artist spaces and feel a little immersed in another world. Check-out if your local area has a similar event, most cities do these days. It is a fun way to support the arts. All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment