Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Take a picture.......

With the arrival of digital technology the world of photography has changed dramatically. For me it is much more fun as although the cost of my digital SLR was not cheap, I can now take 700 photos with 1 memory card that I can use over and over. Previously, I would have had to buy film and pay for developing, both a bit costly. Also, there is the instant gratification that I can see in a general sense what my picture looks like that I took, no longer do I have to wait to get the developed photos back to see if the shot came out. If you have moved into the world of digital SLR there are a few necessary items that you should get along with your camera and lens. 1) Get a UV filter for your lens. The biggest benefit you will get from the filter is that IF you drop your camera the filter will provide some protection for your lens. I recently dropped my camera in a bag wtih a filter on the lens and have to say it TOTALLY SAVED my rather $$$$ lens. So, if you do not have a filter, get one. Best place for cost is actually Amazon , be sure to look on your lens so you get the correct size. The other handy item is a lens cap leash. This will save you the annoyance of not being able to find your lens cap. Again, Amazon has the most competitive prices. Most camera items from memory cards to bags and such I have found to be really reasonably priced on Amazon. Ok, there is my though for the day. Go out and shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment